Pages

January 2, 2012

Blogger's Choice Fat Quarter Bundle

Laura at Quokka Quilts has teamed up with the Fat Quarter Shop for an incredible giveaway - to win a Blogger's Choice Fat Quarter Bundle created by YOU! Except it's not just a fat quarter of each, it's a whole half yard of each fabric - 12 prints and 3 solids.

So of course, the problem is choosing which fabrics, where to start, what colours... so I decided to start with Kate Spain (my favourite designer!) and some Terrain. But what colours? What designs? Well, my stash could do with some more orange and purple, so we started with Bloom Seedpod. Then some Stream Aster for something a little less orange. And it just grew from there. I'm a big Moda fan too, but I was brave and ventured outside their ranges to find some gorgeous stuff elsewhere!

I knew that there should be a range of prints within the mix - some big, some medium and some small. Some big and out there designs, and some more simple prints to balance out the mix. As for what colours I went with, there's the obvious orange and purple, but then I picked out the gray in the LouLouThi Fox Trot Stockings to soften the colours up, and added dashes of blue as a coordinating colour to make the orange/purple prints pop and to coordinate with Terrain.



In left to right, top to bottom order, these are the fabrics I've chosen!


1 comment:

Laura said...

That is lovely use of the seed pod fabric! Best combo with that I've seen! Thanks for entering!