I got my hubby and camera back on Monday, yay! Thus, I can finally reveal my first quilts! (And when it's cloudy and rainy outside, what do you do?? Use your suede-ish chair - they stick to it perfectly!)
 |
| Fabric: Puttin' On The Ritz (Moda) |
 |
| Backing: Pink quilter's flannel |
This quilt top I simply backed in quilter's flannel, no "meat" in the quilt sandwich or any binding. I'm not going to try quilting and binding for the first time on one I'm giving away! I did stitch in the ditch between the first two rows either side just to hold the flannel on better to stop it separating.
 |
Disappearing Nine Patch
Fabric: Spotlight |
 |
Backed in one piece
Sandwiched with quilter's flannel |
Once again, no quilting or binding, although this one is "sandwiched" with quilter's flannel. Felt so soft and lovely, I want one for me now, lol! But next on my list is using my
new patterns and fabric to make Christmas presents! And to finish off those
darn pinwheel blocks. Note to self - use easier method next time *sigh* I AM getting better though, hurray!
2 comments:
well done on your first quilts! binding is not that hard - give it a go - makes such a difference to finished look! And just do some quilting in the ditch - don't be scared! Join us on facebook - Quilt Club Australia if you want a small friendly online group you can ask for hints and the occasional aussie swap. :)
The fabrics are so fun!! I am a quilter too and just found your blog, I'm a new follower:)
Shannon@SewSweetCottage
Post a Comment