Pages

August 28, 2011

Pinwheel Fail!

My husband is away with our camera, again *sigh* So you'll once again have to take my word that I've been sewing! But maybe it's for the best so I don't have to show my beginner's shame, hehe.

I bought my first pattern - Little Charmers 5 by Anka's Treasures - to make Christmas presents with. Before tackling the table runners, I decided to try making the Pinwheel quilt using my City Weekend charm pack and yardage of white I had bought. Ugh. Cutting the triangles from the charm pack were ok, but the cutting the yardage is doing my head in! My first pinwheel block was wonky, seams not aligned properly - one white triangle was totally off centred, and when squared off, was 7" instead of 7 3/4"! Oh well, onward and upward! Thankfully the table runners don't use triangles!

Like, I would love to try this kind of quilt out:
My Blue Heaven by Quiltville
But all those triangles?! Oh no. No no no. Well, not until I get a fabric die cutter!! *hint hint Santa*

PS - I promise to post photos when my camera returns to me :)

No comments: