| So much fabric, and this isn't even all of it! |
And then there's the scrap stash, organised in a similar manner and divided into Wee Bits, Strips, and bigger scraps:
I am just so impressed! And jealous. I don't know that I can ever see myself having such a huge stash, nor can my husband I'm sure! But then again, I'm sure every quilter starts out saying that... Hmm... An inspirational quote about stashes from her that I love - My stash is only good if I can find things!
I've also just found a website that is kinda like a craft version of Pinterest called Craftsy. But more interactive and has classes and tips and all sorts of things! You can share projects, comment on other people's projects, "Like" and "Share", etc. I found this quilt which has inspired me to try a similar layout with another baby quilt I have coming up which is in baby blues, pinks and greys...
I like how the darker and lighter squares are arranged in mini blocks of sorts... randomly ordered if you will. My baby quilt will be much smaller, so I'll have to see how it goes. But I do like ordered randomness. You can find my rather plain and nothing-done-yet profile here!
And last but not least today is that I ordered something from an online quilting shop for the first time this week and it has already arrived! MUCH thanks to Jane at Want It, Need It, Quilt. Incredible prices (charm packs for $10, layer cakes and jelly rolls for just $30!), great service (helped me via an email convo about her 1" hexie template) and quick delivery. And on her blog at the moment, you can find some great giveaways - Fat Quarter packs and a BabyGO!
| Puttin' on the Ritz (Moda) and City Weekend (Moda) charm packs 1" fussy cut hexie template 4 bonus freebie charm squares - thanks Jane! |

1 comment:
That's some stash! Like you, mine's much smaller. I have three 3-drawer units that fit under my quilt frame table. They're clear so I can see what's there. I have one drawer for FQs, one for large scraps, another for small scraps, one for the larger pre-cut bundles, another for backing fabrics. Once of the units holds large cones of quilting thread, needles, bobbins and the tool kit. It works quite well at the moment. My shelves are full of books and magazines.
Post a Comment